Alannah works at our Kilbirnie store and has a talent for creating amazing vegan food without a recipe. After making this tofu and noodle salad for a staff event earlier this year we asked her to try and recollect the recipe and write it down for us and, after months of badgering, finally - she caved! Here it is (you're welcome!):
Baked Tofu Bites
- 2 coils Viet Suisse organic rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 tsp fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 1/3 cup of sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- coriander, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- ¼ cup crushed cashews or peanuts, toasted (reserve some for garnish)
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Wrap tofu in a dry cloth and press between 2 chopping boards, to absorb moisture. Leave for 5-10 mins. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients into a smooth paste.
Chop tofu into 1cm cubes and coat with peanut paste. Bake for 30 minutes (or until crispy), mixing from time to time. Set aside to cool.
Mix all salad ingredients together - this is easiest done with clean hands! Mix in the tofu bites. Place in salad bowl and garnish with coriander and nuts.