Creamy chia pudding with coconut yoghurt and almond milk - all dairy free, all delicious!
Please note: products that do not list dairy ingredients may still have been manufactured on equipment that is also used for processing milk products. If you have extreme sensitivity to dairy we recommend contacting manufacturers to check for possible residual dairy content that may not be listed on the label. Please be aware that the ingredients of a particular product may change without notice. While we take care in producing this guide, Commonsense accepts no liability for any error or omission in the information provided.
Some people who are allergic to cow's milk are able to tolerate sheep, goat and buffalo milk. Seasonally, we are able to offer a variety of milks, yoghurts and cheeses from these animals in store.
- coconut yoghurt
- soy yoghurt
- coconut cream (you get the best whipping results if you put the can in the fridge overnight, then use only the cream that has thickened on top the next day)
- avocado (use in smoothies or sweet treats like this chocolate mousse)
- kumara (in savouries, desserts, or even juiced!)
- Gluten-free baking mixes
- Dairy-free milk and yoghurt alternatives are great replacements for dairy in most recipes.
- Need dairy-free icing? Try melting dark chocolate and mixing with runny tahini for a nutty dairy-free 'ganache'.
- Cookies: Baron Hasselhoff cookies, Dovedale cookies, Orgran Outback Animals, Little Bird macaroons; Swiss Bliss wafers; Wonderland sesame cookies; Leda Arrowroot biscuits
- Chocolate: our chocolate range includes a large number dairy-free chocolate, including all Pana chocolate, and some Wellington Chocolate Factory chocolate.
- Serious Popcorn
- Dried fruit & nuts
Dairy free cream cheese spread on dairy free crackers.
- the majority of chips we stock are dairy free, including Proper Crisps, La Boca Loca totopos, Piranha Chicca Chips and most Garden Of Eatin varieties
- nori snacks
- kale chips
- most of our crackers are dairy free, including Breadman, Little Bird, Natural Abundance, Humble Oatcakes, Nairns Oatcakes, most Ceres rice crackers and bites except the sour cream & chives variety.
- all hummus
- Te Horo Harvest Pesto and Waiheke Herbs spread
- Ceres Organics Egg-Free Mayonnaise
- roasted chickpeas
- Urban Hippie Miso Dressing
- All loaves made by Venerdi, Thoroughbread, Purebread, Breadman and Dovedale.
- Wraps made by Mountain Bread and Pure Wraps coconut wraps
- Young Buck buns
- Venerdi and Purebread pizza bases
- the majority of our cold cereals are dairy free, including Little Bird grawnolas, Ceres Apricot Almond Muesli, Purebread Wild Oat Muesli and Nature's Path
- most are of our hot cereals are dairy free, including Nature's Path Oatmeal and Bellamy's Baby Cereal,
- Beer, cider and wine is often dairy-free, but some wines do use dairy products in processing. Look for those labeled "vegan" in our stores.
Many of our large range of health supplements are dairy free. Talk to one of our instore Health Practitioners about your needs, they're always happy to help.
Do you have suggestions or questions about buying dairy-free from Commonsense? Email us at [email protected]