Kindekel works part-time in our Kilbirnie store and has recently made use of our Premium Game Goat Osso Bucco special. If you're after a heart-warming curry recipe, Kindekel has kindly shared her recipe with us.
- 1kg Goat Osso Bucco
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 spring onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 to 3 hot red chilis – whole, scotch bonnet if you dare!
- Fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Bouillon powder
- 3-4 large Agria potatoes – cut into quarters
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom pan and brown the goat meat on each side for 4-5 minutes
- Add curry powder and mix well, let it cook for a another 2-3 minutes
- Add all the other ingredients and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add enough water to cover everything and let it simmer on a low heat for 2 hours.
- Remove the whole chillies and add the potatoes and salt & pepper with enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Simmer for another 30-45 minutes. The potatoes will cook and thicken up the curry.
Tastes even better if cooked the day before and let sit in the fridge over night!