Try out this delicious organic asparagus Spring Salad Recipe!
Salad recipes can be a little daunting these days. One minute, I'm Googling ‘Simple Summer Salad’, the next, I’m on the phone to my nearest Commonsense store to ask if they stock gluten-free lettuce while simultaneously putting a jar of soaking cashews into my fridge and postponing my salad for 24 hrs until they are ready to be turned into some sort of nut jus.
Salads should never be that difficult, so here’s some inspiration for an incredibly simple, flavourful Spring salad, incorporating our latest in-season star – Asparagus.
100g Red Quinoa
2 x Portobello/field mushrooms
1 bunch organic asparagus
100g Commonsense Organic Salad Mix
½ organic carrot
¼ organic red onion
¼ packet Feta (we stock Goats, Sheep and vegan feta)
¼ packet of Alamir Bakery Pita Chips (we used Garlic and Coriander flavour)
Olive oil, Apple Cider Vinegar (or your favourite salad dressing).
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold water.
- Tip it into a pan on medium heat and add double the amount of cold water (200ml) and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer until tender and the liquid is absorbed (10-15mins).
- As the quinoa cooks, slice mushrooms and fry with asparagus, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper for about 10minutes.
- While they cook, add salad mix, stripped carrot (we used a peeler to get long, thin strips of carrot), sliced red onion and cubed feta to a large salad bowl.
- When the quinoa is fluffy and the mushrooms and asparagus are ready, simply mix all ingredients together and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of apple cider vinegar and a flourish of pita chips!