Salads should never be that difficult, so here’s some inspiration for an incredibly simple, flavourful Spring salad, incorporating our latest in-season star – Asparagus.
- 100g red quinoa
- 3-4 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 bunch organic asparagus
- 100g organic salad mix
- ½ organic carrot
- ¼ organic red onion
- 30g feta cheese
- ¼ packet of Alamir Bakery pita chips or Superseed Salad Toppers
- Olive oil, Apple Cider Vinegar (or your favourite salad dressing).
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold water.
- Tip it into a pan on medium heat and add 200mls of cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer until tender and the liquid is absorbed (10-15mins).
- As the quinoa cooks, slice mushrooms and fry with asparagus, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Add salad mix, stripped carrot (we used a peeler to get long, thin strips of carrot), sliced red onion and cubed feta to a large salad bowl.
- When the quinoa is fluffy and the mushrooms and asparagus are ready, mix all ingredients together and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of apple cider vinegar and a flourish of pita chips!