If you love helping people and have a positive can-do attitude we want you! We strive to ensure that we're making a difference to the lives of our staff and the health of our planet. And with a staff approval rating consistently above 90% we're confident that you'll enjoy being part of our team. Here's what our staff say about working for Commonsense:
“I am extremely satisfied with my work here. Such a great atmosphere with the right balance of fun and hard work... I have never felt so respected and looked after in a workplace. Feel very supported and encouraged, and I love all my workmates, customers and work."
“Overall, Commonsense is an excellent place to work. There is a strong sense of community, and managers are generally accommodating to staffs' needs.”
“It's a really kind, compassionate and supportive place to work.”
“It’s a privilege to work in an environment where everyone is respected and valued. Generous staff incentives, discounts and opportunities to grow.”
Read more about our purpose and values.
Online applications can be made at any time. Apply now! We'll get back to you if we wish to pursue your application further. Please note that we receive a high number of applications and will not necessarily respond to them all.
From time-to-time we advertise specific roles in our stores & operations. Please scroll down to see if there any currently on offer.
Shop Worker - Part Time
Use your excellent retail skills and be part of a dynamic values based company selling organic foods, health and beauty products and environmentally friendly options!
Our Mt Eden store is looking for an energetic, engaging and customer focused retail assistant to join our team. In this role, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Carry out a variety of shop tasks including unloading deliveries, re-stocking and displaying goods and assisting customers
- Be part of a friendly and productive team of people, who care about what they do
- Contribute to a positive and supportive work environment
We have 22 hours currently available across a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Casual Staff Wanted!
Our Mt Eden store is looking for casual staff to help support their efficient and friendly team. This role will involve shifts being offered regularly when people are sick or need time off. If you want to learn the ins and outs of a vibrant organic retail store but can't commit to a permanent position this role may be for you!
Assistant Manager - Full Time
Use your excellent retail skills and be part of a dynamic values based company selling organic food and environmentally friendly products. As Assistant Manager you will be responsible for generally supporting the store manager with:
- running the daily operations of the store
- providing excellent customer service
- ordering goods and maintaining supply
- implementing and maintaining merchandising and retail standards; and
- directing and supporting staff in their daily work.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in food retail buying and stock management;
- Proven experience in staff management;
- Ability to enthuse and motivate staff to achieve shared goals;
- Commitment to organic agriculture;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to display products to drive sales;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and schedule work flow effectively;
- Excellent computer skills.
Personal qualities we seek are:
- High level of honesty, independence, integrity, self-motivation and drive;
- Proven ability and desire to be part of a team working co-operatively and effectively together to achieve objectives;
- Initiative, forward vision and a creative approach to tasks;
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humour;
- Willingness to work flexible hours