Interested in joining our team? At Commonsense, we employ people with an interest in organics and environmental issues, as well as retail skills. We train staff on the importance of organic certification and invite them to attend a one-day workshop at Common Property, the organic market garden owned by our founders Jim and Marion.
Online applications can be made at any time. Apply now! We'll get back to you if we wish to pursue your application further. Please note that we receive a high number of applications and will not necessarily respond to them all.
From time-to-time we advertise specific roles in our stores & operations. Please scroll down to see if there any currently on offer.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Food to Go Supervisor
Wellington City – Tory Street
POSITION TITLE: Food to Go Supervisor
LOCATION: Wellington City shop, 147 Tory Street
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours per week, days TBD, most likely Tuesday to Saturday.
ROLE: This new role is still yet to be fully determined but would involve supervising the new food to go serve over counter.
- Delivery of excellent customer service
- Making coffees and preparing food for customers
- Communicating information around organics, our products and our trading principles to customers
- Successfully training and directing staff to make coffees and serve food
- Overseeing the ordering of food from the Commonsense Kitchen
- Overseeing stock storage, maintenance and movement
- Working with the manager to grow sales and minimise waste
We’re looking for someone who has proven themselves to work to the highest standards in the following areas:
- 2-3 years Barista experience
- Experience working in both Hospitality and Retail sectors
- Experience of food handling and food preparation
- Strong people skills, including exceptional customer service
- Strong work ethic – self-motivated, works efficiently and at pace, has a personal desire to achieve great results
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure
- High personal standards – attention to detail; consistency and quality
- Full ownership of responsibilities and personal performance
- Demonstrates reliability and commitment towards management and the needs of the business
Please apply online here with expression of interest.