If you love helping people and have a positive can-do attitude we want you! We strive to ensure that we're making a difference to the lives of our staff and the health of our planet. And with a staff approval rating consistently above 90% we're confident that you'll enjoy being part of our team. Here's what our staff say about working for Commonsense:
“I am extremely satisfied with my work here. Such a great atmosphere with the right balance of fun and hard work... I have never felt so respected and looked after in a workplace. Feel very supported and encouraged, and I love all my workmates, customers and work."
“Overall, Commonsense is an excellent place to work. There is a strong sense of community, and managers are generally accommodating to staffs' needs.”
“It's a really kind, compassionate and supportive place to work.”
“It’s a privilege to work in an environment where everyone is respected and valued. Generous staff incentives, discounts and opportunities to grow.”
Read more about our purpose and values.
Online applications can be made at any time. Apply now! We'll get back to you if we wish to pursue your application further. Please note that we receive a high number of applications and will not necessarily respond to them all.
From time-to-time we advertise specific roles in our stores & operations. Please scroll down to see if there any currently on offer.
Management Opportunities in 2024
Do you dream of working for a company that shares your values? Are you looking for a new challenge in the new year? Do you thrive in a healthy and supportive working environment? If the answer is yes Commonsense may be a good fit for you! We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced retailers for a number of senior roles within our Wellington based stores.
Available roles that are coming up include a Store Manager position as well as roles in the following areas: Grocery/Assistant Manager, Fridge Manager and Senior Produce worker.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to work with us in a key management role we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV to our CEO, Anna Pitches [email protected]
Senior Retail Staff/Buyers
We are currently recruiting energetic, engaging and customer focused retail staff to join our Kilbirnie team. We are looking for people with senior retail buying/ordering experience to fill full time vacancies (working across 5 days one of which must be a weekend day) and these roles all have opportunities for growth and development within the company.
Core responsibilities will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Carry out ordering and manage stock;
- Oversee instore displays with a focus on quality and visual appeal;
- Carry out general duties normal in a retail environment; and
- Be part of a friendly and productive team of people, who care about what they do
The ideal candidates will have:
- Experience working in retail and customer services
- Prior experience as a buyer
- Good knowledge of organics and a passion for the environment
- Ability to safely lift heavy crates/boxes
- Good analytical and computer skills
- An eye for detail and visual displays
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humour
Assistant Manager - Full Time
Use your excellent retail skills and be part of a dynamic values based company selling organic food and environmentally friendly products. As Assistant Manager you will be responsible for generally supporting the store manager with:
- running the daily operations of the store
- providing excellent customer service
- ordering goods and maintaining supply
- implementing and maintaining merchandising and retail standards; and
- directing and supporting staff in their daily work.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in food retail buying and stock management;
- Proven experience in staff management;
- Ability to enthuse and motivate staff to achieve shared goals;
- Commitment to organic agriculture;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to display products to drive sales;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and schedule work flow effectively;
- Excellent computer skills.
Personal qualities we seek are:
- High level of honesty, independence, integrity, self-motivation and drive;
- Proven ability and desire to be part of a team working co-operatively and effectively together to achieve objectives;
- Initiative, forward vision and a creative approach to tasks;
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humour;
- Willingness to work flexible hours