Our classification as a supermarket means we are an ‘essential service’ and are required to stay open. Our intention is that we will keep all five of our stores open, unless instructed otherwise by the government.
Currently we have only two priorities:
- Keeping ourselves and each other (staff and customers) safe; and
- Distributing food and other essential items to those who need it.
All the decisions we make from now will be in the pursuit of these goals.
We are implementing new protocols every day including heightened cleaning procedures, managed entry to stores, changes to store hours and periodic short term closures to enable restocking of shelves and thorough cleaning.
There will be enough food!
Our shelves look bare because of the huge number of unanticipated sales but we are getting more in every day. Please just take what you need.
We are working hard to activate a system of home deliveries operating from every store in order to continue to get food to you while minimizing risk to our staff.
Please be patient with our staff as they try to implement this. They are already under a huge amount of pressure and are having to be innovative in creating new ways of providing shopping safely.
What you can do
We need your help to keep us operating during the lockdown. When shopping in-store please:
- Stay away if you are feeling unwell;
- Practice social distancing when in store and staying 2m away;
- Use paywave instead of cash and minimise contact with surfaces instore;
- Shop with your eyes and only touch products if you intend to buy them;
- Nominate one person only from your household to shop;
- Make a list and spend as little time in-store as possible.
Throughout the lock down all of our stores will be open the reduced hours of 9-5.30. This is subject to change depending on the needs of each store from time to time. It is also likely that we will be implementing temporary closures throughout the day.
As we are implementing new protocols as the situation unfolds, the best way for us to disseminate this messaging is on our social media channels. If you don't already, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or our website to keep up to date.
Please be patient. Please be kind. And remember- He waka eke noa - we’re all in this together.
With love, your Commonsense whanau. Xx