Sunomono is a traditional Japanese salad, mostly served as a refreshing side dish. It contains mostly cucumber & wakame, but you can add a variety of other ingredients. This is a simple and tasty dish to make in minutes at home, brought to you by our friends at Pacific Harvest.
1. Hydrate dried Wakame seaweed in water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain water and squeeze water out from Wakame. (this soaking water is delicious to drink or use in smoothies or soups & it is full of minerals!).
3. Chop if pieces of Wakame are large.
4. Slice cucumbers as thin as you can. Stir in salt, and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Squeeze water out from cucumbers.
6. In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil together until sugar dissolves.
7. Add vinegar mixture and sesame seeds to prepared cucumbers and Wakame and mix well.
Tried this or any of our other seaweed recipes? Let us know how it went at firstname.lastname@example.org