October 1st is World Vegetarian Day, marking the start of Vegetarian Awareness Month. This is a great time to celebrate and explore vegetarian cuisine, so here's a delicious idea from our head chef: 4 Ingredient Vegetarian Noodles.
This fool-proof suggestion is not a strict recipe exactly, more a blueprint for a fast and tasty meal that can work with any seasonal veges and please a wide range of tastes. It's a great one to remember for when you want something easy and reliable that will work with whatever you have in the fridge.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 pack Explore Asia noodles (this amazing gluten free range has great texture and health benefits)
- 1 pottle Waikare Kitchen cooking paste - choose from Jungle Curry for a warming spice, Lime and Lemongrass for a fresh burst of South-East Asian flavour, or Tomato and Tamarind for a rich savoury meal.
- enough seasonal veges for 4 servings (e.g. 2 carrots, 1 head of cauliflower, 1 head of broccoli)
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
For this variation we used roasted pumpkin, sauteed capsicums, eggplant, and onions, with the Lime and Lemongrass cooking paste
- Chop and 3/4-cook the vegetables. You can roast, sautee, or steam them, whatever is your preferred method. The partial cooking allows you to prepare the meal quickly, while leaving time for the veges to soak up the sauces in the simmering stage
- Heat the oil and cooking paste in a large pan for 2 minutes, stirring
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer
- Stir the vegetables in and simmer for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed on pack
- Turn the veges off after 10 minutes and add in the drained noodles. Stir to mix them in and serve.
Only three core ingredients plus whatever veges you fancy and you're away!
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!