We got such great feedback on posting our easy gluten free sweet muffin recipe we thought we'd share another treat from chef Zen: Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Muffins. Knock up a batch at home and let us know if you discover any great new flavour combinations!
Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Gluten Free Muffins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup maize/corn flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1 cup chopped spinach/chard/silverbeet
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 and a 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 180c celcius
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add leek, feta and greens
- Mix all wet ingredients, including egg/prepared egg replacer
- Add pumpkin puree to wet ingredients
- Gently stir wet mix into dry until combined
- Bake in muffin tray for 25-30 minutes (if a skewer comes out clean they're done).
Makes six muffins.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!