To celebrate World Vegetarian Day, we made these delicious sun-dried tomato chickpea burgers. So simple and filling, a great dinner to share with friends.
Mediterranean inspired veggie burger with a mint yogurt dressing
Yields 8 Patties
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 800g chickpeas
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (or dried will do)
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flour (for coating)
- 1 cup coconut or dairy yogurt
- 1tbsp olive/flax oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes into a blender* and blend until all pieces are small.
- Add all the other patty ingredients (except the flour) and blend until a thick doughy mixture forms.
- Take handfuls of the mixture and roll into burger patties. Then coat each one in a little bit of flour.
- Place on a tray in the oven at 180° for 40minutes, flipping after 20minutes.
- While the burgers are in the oven, add all of the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly, leave in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Serve your burger with crunchy lettuce, cucumber, red onion and tomato and pour dressing over.
*This recipe is possible without a blender, you’ll just need a lot of chopping and crushing!
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!