Our world famous (in Wellington) muffins sell out so quickly we thought we better share the recipe, so here's one of our customer favourites: gluten free chocolate and raspberry muffins. This muffin recipe is not only gluten free but also dairy and egg free (making it vegan too) and nut free as well. It's easy to put together and makes delicious muffins which are safe for a lot of people with allergy issues.
Chocolate & Raspberry Gluten Free Muffins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup maize/corn flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries (available in-store only, not online - ring 04 384 3314 if you'd like to order this for delivery)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or your favourite chocolate block chopped up
- 1 egg equivalent (Organ brand No Egg). If you are able to eat eggs in your diet you can simply use one.
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (available in-store only, not online - ring 04 384 3314 if you'd like to order this for delivery)
- 1 & 1/2 cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In a bowl mix dry ingreds
- Add chocolate and raspberries
- In a separate bowl mix up egg replacer
- In another bowl mix wet ingreds
- Add wet and egg mixes to the dry ingreds
- Stir gently until combined
- Put in muffin tray
- Bake for 20-25mins (check with a skewer or toothpick - when it comes out clean they're done)
Makes six. Thanks to our head chef Zen for the recipe.
Fair Trade's Big Fair Bake
Support fair trade in a delicious way! Bake a recipe with at least two fairly traded ingredients (such as this muffin recipe), then pop over to the Big Fair Bake website to submit your tasty photos and be in to win great prizes.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!