Breadfruit flour from Maiden South Pacific is a welcome new addition to our gluten free flours. Grown and processed in Samoa, this great new flour is 12 days fresh from the plant(!), versatile, nutritious, and supports the industry of our island neighbours.
This recipe for Breadfruit Flour Friands is a delicious way to try the flour out.
- 125g butter, melted
- 3 egg whites, whipped
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup breadfruit flour
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped fruit/chocolate/nuts (optional)
- soaking syrup (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth, carefully folding in the egg whites at the end.
- Add any other optional chunky ingredients at this stage.
- Pour into 9 friand cups (you can use a muffin tray instead) and bake at 170c for 25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- When they come out of the oven you can top them with a tablespoon each of soaking syrup if you wish.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!