This recipe was created by our Head Chef Scott, who has made a big batch of these gluten free ANZAC cookies for sale at the Wellington City store today and tomorrow.
ANZAC Cookie Ingredients
- 80 g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 c unbleached sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 c buckwheat flakes
- 1/2 c gluten free flour (either a packet mix or you can use rice, buckwheat or quinoa)
- 1/4 c almond flour
ANZAC Cookie Method
- Melt the butter, then add the honey, molasses and sugar and stir.
- Bring the water to the boil in a separate pot and add the baking soda. Take it off the boil.
- In a small pan toast the coconut and buckwheat flakes, remembering to stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Mix the flours and everything else together.
- Place fairly flat 4cm wide cookies on a baking tray, leaving 5cm space between each. Bake for 9 minutes at 180c.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!