This easy-peasy recipe uses only five ingredients to make a delicious, nutritious bar slice. Make up a batch and enjoy them as breakfasts on the run, morning/afternoon pick-me-ups, or lunchbox favourites for the kids.
Dairy free, wheat free, cane sugar free, vegan.
5 Ingredient Power Slice Recipe
- 250g dates
- 200ml black tea
- 500g untoasted muesli
- 210g coconut oil, melted
- 3 cooking apples, grated
- Leave the dates soaking in the hot tea for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the muesli and melted coconut oil together, then add the apple.
- Puree the dates in liquid with a hand stick blender or food processor.
- Add dates to muesli mix and stir.
- Spoon into a lined 30cmx20cm baking tin, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut into bars.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Makes 15 bars.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!